As difficult to believe as it may be, spring will be here before you know it. What better time to spruce up the house? There are lots of ways to upgrade and improve your home during the spring, and they all have one thing in common: refreshing and rejuvenating its appearance and comfort.
Not sure where to begin? Try these 10 springtime improvements:
- Wash and Re-Stain the Deck - If old man winter has left your deck worse for the wear, rent a power washer and whip it back into shape! While you're at it, go ahead and re-stain it, too.
- Paint - Chances are at least a few rooms in your home could use a fresh coat of paint. Think fun, pastel shades to brighten things up in honor of the new season.
- Upgrade Your Kitchen - Give your kitchen decor a boost with a few small, easy changes. For instance, installing a lovely farmhouse sink in shimmery nickel or hammered copper is an affordable, easy way to give the space a new lease on life.
- Buy New Bedding - With winter behind you, you can ditch those bulky blankets for lighter quilts. Treat yourself to stylish new bedding to make the most of the warmer temperatures!
- Clean the Gutters - As unpleasant as it may be, cleaning the gutters is one of the best ways to protect your roof. Not comfortable getting up on a ladder? Hire someone to do it for you.
- De-Clutter - Spring cleaning is a tradition, and de-cluttering is a huge part of it. Sort through old things and sell, donate or toss the ones you don't need. The extra space will do you a lot of good.
- Remodel the Bathroom - If there's one room that's worth remodeling, it's the bathroom. You'll love selecting new fixtures and pieces. In particular, look for a beautiful new bathroom sink to serve as an eye-catching focal point.
- Get Outdoor Areas Ready - As soon as weather permits, get out there and clean up decks, patios, walkways, porches and other outdoor areas. Take patio furniture out of storage and give it a good washing too.
- Update and Repair Windows - Go through the home carefully inspecting the windows. If there are minor issues, have them repaired. If the windows are too far gone, now is the time to replace them.
- Inspect and Fix the Roof - Did your roof incur damage during the winter? The only way to find out is by inspecting it. Better yet, hire a roofing contractor to take a look. They can then perform small repairs to get it back into tip-top shape.
Whether you only do one or two things from the list of tackle them all, you'll love the improvements they'll make to your home!
What are your plans for sprucing up your home this spring? Let us know in the comments below!