Single Bowl Soapstone Sink
MT-30C - FAN
Availability: In Stock
Production Time is 10-14 Business Days
Soapstone Farmhouse Sink
Consider natural stone in the kitchen for your next sink. Soapstone makes a ideal material for a kitchen sink. Being softer than most other stone sinks, however more dense than marble, granite, or limestone. This soapstone sink will keep your sink free of germs and stains which is important in any home. The low maintenance gives you a classic look that lasts a lifetime. A soft grey with white veins that darken to black with food grade mineral oil. A soapstone sink you will love! Looking for countertops to match? Just email us the dimensions and we will get you a quote. You must chose liftgate service is delivery is to a residence.
- Farmhouse style
- 3-1/2" Standard drain size
- Sloping bowl for drainage
- Light flowing veins
- IPA has less veining
- FAN has more veining
- Pressure tested to confirm it will not leak
- Approximate weight: 250-325 lbs
- No returns are offered on this sink as it is made when ordered. Please make sure this is the product you would like to order before placing the order. This sink is made when ordered. Soapstone is a product of nature subject to natural fissures, pattern and veining variations. Some surface scratches are expected.
- Please inspect your soapstone order upon arrival. Any visual damage of your soapstone product should be reported to our offices immediately. Soapstone materials are shipped fully insured. All damage claims and/or any other complaints MUST be made in writing within 48 hours of receipt.
- Freight shipments must be inspected at time of delivery. Products such as this are oversized and/or are too heavy to ship UPS ground. This product will be shipped via LTL (less-than-truckload) by a freight carrier. These freight carriers are private trucking companies and are also known as common carriers.
- The freight company will call you in advance to arrange a delivery time and you must be present at the time of delivery to inspect all products being delivered. This is curbside delivery only. Please make sure you have made arrangements in advance to have someone help you bring any heavy or oversized items into your home.
- It is very important that you inspect these common carrier deliveries thoroughly before signing for them. You must check for both internal and external damage before you accept delivery. Inspect the boxes for external damage, remove the packaging and inspect the contents for any physical damage in the presence of the delivery driver.
- If you notice your product is damaged, refuse the package and note the damage on the bill of lading. Any product that is inspected and refused at time of delivery due to damage will be replaced. We will send a replacement once the original product is returned, or we can charge you for the replacement and credit you upon the return of the original. After you sign for the merchandise you are responsible for filing all claims with the carrier. We cannot accept responsibility for any damaged product once a common carrier delivery is signed for.
Order is processed within 2 business days, production time is 7-10 days; shipping is UPS, Fedex, Fedex Freight or various LTL truck carriers ground (typically delivery is within 3-5 business days). Freight company will call to schedule.
If you want to make your soapstone countertop or sink darker, you can simply apply some mineral oil. Periodic application of mineral oil will help it develop a dark patina and enhance the natural aging process of your soapstone. Many customers choose to leave the stone un-treated to keep the lighter grey color.
Applying Oil to Your Soapstone Once mineral oil is applied, the stone will turn into a very dark charcoal gray, sometimes black.
Unlike the upkeep of other stone, stainless steel and copper sinks, any common household cleaner can be used to clean soapstone surfaces. Chemicals and acids do not harm it. However, we do recommend that you use regular soap and water because harsher solvents may remove the mineral oil treatment, therefore generating more maintenance. Soapstone, being softer than granite and marble, is also more prone to scratches. The great advantage is that any scratches can be easily removed with a light sanding and/or mineral oil. Light scratches can be hidden by lightly applying some water and sanding to the area in order to remove the scratch. With a small piece of coarse sandpaper, sand the scratch area in a circular motion and until the scratch is almost gone, then using a smoother sandpaper do the same thing but this time using water.