Has your kitchen decor worn out its welcome? If you don't have much of a budget to play around with -- let alone time -- upgrading it can seem like a daunting proposition. Happily enough, though, there are lots of ways to spruce up a tired old kitchen that don't involve spending lots of time or money. We've rounded up six of these incredibly easy and remarkably effective kitchen updates for your convenience. With a small amount of time, money and effort, you can use them to transform your kitchen in one fell swoop!
- Paint Your Cabinets - As long as your kitchen cabinets are in good working order, you can revive them with a few coats of paint. Don't be intimidated; painting kitchen cabinets is easier than you probably think. Start by thoroughly cleaning them with a strong cleaner. Next, give them a good sanding to ensure the new paint sticks. Finally, start painting! It's amazing what a new color can do for the appearance of even the oldest, most outdated cabinets, so give it a whirl!.
- Add Crown Molding to Your Cabinets - Whether or not you choose to paint your cabinets, you can also jazz them up with very little time or money by adding crown molding. The idea of painstakingly installing molding piece by piece is probably not too appealing, but here's some good news: You can get around the issue by mounting the crown molding to a frame that's already cut to size and then simply installing the frame as a complete unit..
- Install a Rustic Sink - Give that old, boring, uninspired sink the boot and replace it with a stylish rustic sink. Everyday homeowners are typically amazed by how easy it is to install a kitchen sink. Whether you choose a hammered-copper farmhouse sink, a shimmery nickel sink or an elegant stone sink, you'll love how it creates a lovely new focal point for your kitchen..
- Add a Solid-Surface Backsplash - Installing a tile mosaic backsplash requires a lot of time and effort. A great workaround is to buy a sheet of affordable, solid-surface material and install it instead. Synthetic, non-porous solid-surface materials are ideal for backsplashes, and a huge array of colors, textures and styles are available.
- Build a Copper Pipe Pot Rack - Because they push together with ease, there's no need to do any soldering when building a copper pipe pot rack. As an added bonus, you can make yours as large or small as you'd like. When you're done, polish it with brass polish to make it glimmer in a vibrant way. Ta-dah! Your pots and pans have a new home..
- Install Under-Cabinet Lighting - Stop squinting when trying to work in the kitchen and give your decor a boost with stylish under-cabinet lighting. LED lights are especially versatile, but there are tons of options out there. This is an easy job for just about anyone to complete, and it doesn't have to cost a fortune, either.
There you have it! These ideas are sure to inspire you and may even lead to other ideas. Either way, small, simple upgrades will work wonders for your kitchen, so get going today!